This Spicy Southwest Burger has lots of hot and spicy salsa mixed right in. Top them with your favorite chilli-infused cheese to make them extra awesome. This easy homemade burger recipe is about to become your new favorite.
I don't know about British summer. It's a tricky thing. Some days are absolutely beautiful. The sun shines with abandon, but it never gets too hot. It feels like a crime to be indoors. Today, it's gray and rainy. What can you do?
We've had a couple of chances to grill this summer, even once in the rain. It's always awesome.
If you're looking for something awesome to throw on your grill, may I suggest setting your mouth on fire with a Spicy Southwest Burger. It's fiery and flavorful. I kinda wanted to eat five of them.
Just a quick tip when making your own burger patties at home. Be firm but gentle. If you squish the meat too much when mixing or smash it together too tightly when shaping your patties, you won't get the tender juicy burger of your dreams. It's a delicate business, but it's always always better than a frozen pre-fab hockey puck.
Get into summer. Make Spicy Southwest Burgers. Live it.Print
Spicy Southwest Burger
This Spicy Southwest Burger is on fire and so delicious. It's everything summer should be.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 4 ounce can of chopped green chiles
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup picante sauce (I used hot)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ pound hot pork sausage
- 12 slices colby jack or pepper jack cheese
- 12 hamburger buns
- Your favorite burger toppings
- In a large bowl, combine chiles, bread crumbs, picante sauce, and seasonings. Give it a quick stir to combine.
- Add meats and quickly work everything together by squishing it gently with your hands.
- Form into 8 to 12 burger patties depending on how many people you want to feed.
- Grill over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side. (You can also make these in a frying pan indoors. I did both.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each patty for the last minute or two to let it melt a bit.
- Build your burger and set your day on fire.
Keywords: Burger, Spicy
Looking for more awesome burger recipes? Try these Cuban Burgers for something a little bit different.