This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is all you need for dinner. It's filling and flavorful with earthy spinach, sweet sun-dried tomatoes, and sauteed chicken in a creamy sauce. It's gonna be awesome.
It's Virgo season, and that means it's time to get our act together and finally start making plans and creating organized systems. And then we have to actually stick to those plans and follow those systems in order to reap the reward. I know for a lot of witchy and spiritual people, Virgo energy can seem like a bit of a buzz skill. You want to traipse sky clad through the forest and follow your whims and talk to birds. But we live in the real world, and maybe a hit of Virgo effeciency is just what your life needs.
We love the magical synchronicity of manifestation, those moments when things just seem to come together and work out perfectly. But most of the time, we actually manifest our desires through hard work and meticulous planning. It's true in the kitchen as well. Yeah, it's great to stand over your pot and improv a delicious dinner, but on a Thursday night when everyone's hungry and busy with homework and dance class and who knows what else, there might not be space for that kind of improv. You need to have a plan that's going to work so everyone gets what they need. That's also self-care just as much as that free-flowing creativity.
What makes Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta so awesome?
This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is may just make its way into the regular rotation of that meal plan you're going to create. It's simple to make, relatively quick to cook, and full of awesome flavor. It starts with chicken sauteed in the oil from your sun-dried tomatoes. Then there's a creamy sauce blushed with tomato paste and made deeply savoury with plenty of Parmesan cheese. We're also adding plenty of sweet sun-dried tomatoes and a pop of green from spinach. This pasta bowl has got it all.
You've got everything you need for a complete meal all in one bowl, and you've got plenty of flavor to make every bite interesting. You could serve this with a crisp green salad and some crusty bread. I think a glass of chilled Italian white wine would also be awesome. Just sayin'.
Magical Properties of Tomatoes
Tomatoes are probably most well-known for their aphrodesiac properties. They were commonly used in love spells and known as love apples. When they were first brought to Europe, people were afraid to eat them for fear that they would cause uncontrollable lust. Tomatoes have also been placed on the mantlepiece for home protection. And anything with lots of seeds can be used in spells for prosperity and fertility. (Source: Grow Eat Gift)
For more of the magical properties of the ingredients in this recipe, check out the Kitchen Magick page.
Tips for Making Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
Always start any pasta dish by putting your pot of water over high heat to bring it to a boil. Be sure to add plenty of salt before dropping your pasta and cooking it al dente.
The rest of this recipe starts by seasoning and sauteeing chopped chicken breast in a skiller. Add to the flavor by using the oil from your jar of sun-dried tomatoes instead of your regular olive oil. Cook it through, then remove it to a plate to get on with the rest of your sauce.
Then you'll sautee some shallot and garlic along with some tomato paste before stirring in sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream. You'll let this simmer to thicken a bit, then stir in lots of Parmesan cheese and a bit of lemon juice for a hit of acid.
Then we can start bringing all the elements together. Stir in your pasta, chicken, and some spinach. You can use fresh spinach or frozen (but thawed) spinach. Whatever you have will work fine.
Because of the cream in the sauce, this pasta is best on the first day. If you do eat it leftover, expect it to be a bit oily.
A little planning can go a long way to creating an awesome life. Get yourself well organized to make this Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta, and the universe will reward you with something truly delicious.Print
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is all you need for dinner. It's filling and flavorful with earthy spinach, sweet sun-dried tomatoes, and sauteed chicken in a creamy sauce.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 ounces short pasta such as spirali
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy or double cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves or ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Add plenty of salt before adding your pasta. Cook according to packet instructions, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, chop your chicken and sprinkle on 2 teaspoons Italian season.
- Heat oil from your sun-dried tomatoes in a large skillet and sautee chicken until cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add your minced shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, about five minutes. Then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir in cream and the remaining two teaspoons Italian seasoning. Bring this to a simmer for about five minutes to thicken slightly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, then add the spinach. If using fresh, stir it through until wilted.
- Then add your pasta and chicken back to your skillet and stir to combine. If you like a bit of heat, sprinkle over a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve hot.
Keywords: pasta, chicken
Recipe slightly adapted from Sauced Up Foods.