Admit it, at some point in your life you’ve sat down on the couch with a spoon and a jar of Nutella and given yourself over to the undeniable sweetness. You’ve given up on life for five minutes, consequences be damned, and dug in, unadulterated, shameless. We’ve all been there.
It’s been a hell of a week. I know I’m not the only one who’s felt the need to push pause on reality for a few days. I’m craving safety and familiarity. I’m not in the mood, just now, to challenge myself or try something new. I’m wishing for a time machine or a magic wand or the power of mind control. But lacking supernatural powers, I’ll settle for cookies.
I didn’t quite go all the way to a jar and a spoon, but this may be the next best thing. Nutella No-Bake Cookies are outrageously simple to make, and except for the actual Nutella itself, I already had all the ingredients on hand. It does take a tiny bit of patience as you have to let them set up before shoveling them in, but just take a nice cozy nap while you wait.
These cookies are sweet, chocolaty, chewy, and irresistable. Genuinely, your new biggest problem will become trying to stop eating them.
I know you can’t really heal yourself with cookies, but it probably won’t kill you to eat a few too many Nutella No-Bake Cookies for one day.
Nutella No-Bake Cookies
Nutella No-Bake Cookies will erase all your problems by creating a new one, how to stop eating these cookies.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Add sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow it to boil for one minute before removing it from the heat.
- While your sugar mixture is cooking, make sure you measure out your remaining ingredients so that you're ready to add them right away. Once you've taken your pan off the heat, stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, and oats until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out your cookies onto a parchment lined tray. Leave a little space as the cookies, especially the first few, may spread.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container in a cool place if you don't eat them all in one sitting.
Adapted from Shugary Sweets
How to be Awesome on $20 a day https://awesomeon20.com/