As I’m writing this, it’s the last day of Christmas break, and I have to wake up tomorrow morning and go back to real life. I’ve loved having ample time to relax and do the things I really love. I wish every day could be like this. Oh to be an heiress with nothing to choose from except what will bring you the most joy.
As you read this, I will have been back to work for two days, and that second one will have lasted twelve hours. As you read this, there’s every likelihood that I have gone straight back to being stressed out and disappointed in myself. Or maybe, just maybe, I’ve managed to hang on to a little of that leisurely zen I was able to conjure up during the holidays.
Either way, we’re going to need all the chocolate. These Triple Chocolate Cookies have melted dark chocolate in the cookie dough itself, then milk and white chocolate chips mixed in. They’re crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, with just the right amount of sweetness. And as with anything chocolaty, don’t forget to add a bit of salt to really make it sing.
Making these cookies is super simple. Maybe one of your resolutions this year was to get in the kitchen and bake more. If this is your first time ever making cookies, the only thing out of the ordinary is going to be adding melted chocolate to the dough. Just make sure you melt the chocolate first thing to allow it to cool for a few minutes before adding it to the mixture. Other than that, it’s really straight forward. Also, I halved this recipe, so if you want to make more cookies, it’s definitely not a problem to double the quantities in the recipe below.
I’m always working on being a little more patient with myself and not getting stressed out unnecessarily. Triple Chocolate Cookies seem like the most awesome way to chill out and enjoy life. Let’s do it.
triple chocolate cookies
8-10 minutes per barch
- 50 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 75 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 138 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 18 grams cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams white chocolate chips
- 50 grams milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your dark chocolate by chopping it or breaking it up into smaller pieces and putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then giving it a stir. If it’s not quite all melted, put it back in for 10 second intervals, stirring after each, until it’s smooth. It’s a small amount of chocolate, so it shouldn’t take too long. Mine took 40 seconds. Set this aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and both types of sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Next beat in the egg, followed by the melted chocolate. You may need to scrape down your bowl and give it another good mix to make sure everything is fully incorporated before moving on.
- In a separate bowl, gently whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt to combine. With your mixer on its lowest setting, slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the cookie dough until it’s just combined.
- Finally, add in your two types of chocolate chips, and give it another quick mix to distribute your chips.
- Scoop out your cookies with a cookie scoop or a spoon onto your waiting baking sheet. Bake each batch for 8-10 minutes or until slightly darker brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about five minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Tesco Magazine