Need a spell to help you get through tough times? I've collected correspondences and witchcraft materials for strength to help you craft the spell or ritual that's right for you.
Being a human is hard sometimes. Luckily, as witches we've discovered our inner power to shape our own destiny. Sometimes you need a little bit of extra strength, whether that's physical, mental, emotional or spiritual to get you where you're trying to go.
A spell for strength can help you get through those tough times that are unavoidable. whether that's leaving a relationship, setting difficult boundaries, or climbing a mountain, you can use witchcraft to help you with anything. Here are some witchcraft materials for stength that will allow you to adapt or create a spell that meets your unique needs.
These are the non-physical energies that will lend power to your spell. Choose an auspicious timing, work with a deity, or bring in astrological energy. All of these can help you decide when and how your spell will work best.
Perform your spell at any time if you need strength in the moment. But if you have the ability to plan, here are some timings to consider.
- Tuesdays - Ruled by Mars, this is a good day to work spells related to strength, vitality, and courage
- Sunday - Ruled by the Sun, works spells for strength, personal growth, creativity, physical strength, and health
- Waxing moon - cast spells for strength as the moon slowly increases her power
To bring deities into the physical realm, add statues of pictures of them to your altar. Or choose a symbol of the deity, such as an animal or herb and work that into your spell to honor your chosen deity. Be sure you thank them for giving you the strength you asked for.
- Sekhmet - Egyptian goddess of grace, dignity, and strength
- Ganesh - Indian god of strength, perseverance, and overcoming obstacles
- Mithras - Persian fire god of strength, virility, courage, and wisdom
You can perform your spell while the sun or moon is in the sign you want to work with. Or just work with their general energy by using herbs, incense, or crystals that correspond with that sign.
- Aries- Symbolized by the ram, Aries is bold, direct, and tenacious.
- Leo- This fire sign brings you the confidence of a roaring lion. Ask Leo to give you the strength to own your own power.
- Capricorn- Strong-willed and focused, Capricorn can give you the energy to climb to the top of th metaphorical mountain.
- Aquarius- Aquarius will give you strength of mind, especially when you are seeking justice for all.
My research didn't unearth any colors that specifically corresponded with the keyword strength, so here's my intuitive take. Use these colors in other materials such as candles, thread, ink, or other objects.
- Red- to give you the courage and fiery strength to persevere in a conflict
- Black- for impenetrability against whatever you're facing.
You can always call on the four elements to help you in any situation.
- Earth - Call on the strength of the trees and the encurance of the mountains
- Air - Ask that you be able to speak with the strength of your convictions
- Fire - Ask for fiery strength and motivation to help you accomplish your intention
- Water - Call in the power of the waves to keep on rolling until you've finished your task
Witchcraft Materials for Strength
The witchcraft materials for strength are the physical objects we use in our spells. This can be any object, and things that remind you of strength will be powerful, regardless of whether or not they show up on this list. Your inner knowing will add energy to the spell that a book description never could.
Carry your charged crystal with you into a situation where you need strength. Hold it in your hand or feel it in your pocket as a reminder of your inner well of power.
- Agate - for extra strength and determination
- Diamond - deepends commitment and trust, enhances strength and bravery, attracts victory
- Tiger's Eye - used for strength, courage, good fortune, and prosperity
- Smoky Quartz - courage, strength, endurance
- Lapis Lazuli - offers strength as you work toward healing emotional wounds
Herbs and Botanicals
Use in incense or tea, or to dress a candle or add to a charm bag or spell jar. Always check that herbs are safe to be ingested before eating or drinking anything containing any new botanicals. Same goes inhaling smoke or handling oils. Safety first, witches.
- Pine - essential oil brings purification, protection, and strenth
- Ash - associated with water, strength, intellect, willpower, protection, justice, balance and harmony, skill, travel, and wisdom
- Oak - used for strength, courage, longevity, protection, and good fortune
- Cedar - use for confidence, strength, power, money, protection, healing, and purification
Flowers, Herbs, & Spices
- Carnation - use for protection, strength, energy, luck, and healing; choose a color that corresponds with your intention
- Parsley - use for power, strength, passion, prufication, and prosperity
- Bay - use the essential oil for strength and prophetic dreams
- Cinnamon - use for love, passion, prosperity, personal strength, and psychic awareness
- Cumin - good for healing, protection, love, lust, breaking hexes, new beginnings, and emotional strength
- Lavender - used for happiness, strength for relationships, psychic awareness, inner strength, psychic power, peace, and meditation
- Thyme - use for strength, courage, and wisdom
- Mugwort - used for strength, protection, healing, and psychic awakening
- Sage - used for wisdom, wishes, knowledge, strength, cleansing, and vitality
Strength Spells for Kitchen Witches
There are lots of foods that can bring us strength as well. These include bell peppers, black pepper, goat cheese, cinnamon, cumin, rum, spinach, black tea, and thyme. Here are a few recipes you can prepare as a spell for strength.
- Vegan Sweet Corn & Roasted Bell Pepper Soup
- Cacio e Pepe
- Chicken & Goat Cheese Pasta
- Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
- Homemade Spice Crackers
- Boozy Root Beer Float with spiced rum
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Ginger & Lemon Iced Tea
- Garlic & Thyme Baked Camembert
I hope you found this resource of witchcraft materials for strength useful. May you find the strength you need to manifest your intention. Connect with me in the comments or on Instagram for help creating an awesome spell or ritual.