This week we're talking about Witches in Literature on The How to Be Awesome Podcast with special guest Rebecca of the bookstagram @thatbloodywomanreads. Who are your favorite literary witches? How have witches been portrayed throughout literary history? Listen to hear our thoughts.
We proudly host our podcast with Buzzsprout.
It's an exciting week for us as we have another guest on the pod! This week we have Rebecca from @thatbloodywomanreads on Instagram to chat all things witchy literature with us.
But first we're eating some awesome food. Rebecca is eating delicious-sounding Biscoff mince pies, Louise is making steak tacos and Renee is eating Thanksgiving leftovers and blogging about peanut butter dipped cookies.
Then we dive straight in to talking about witches in literature. We talk about our favourite witchy characters, how the archetype of the witch is changing in modern literature and all about the badass women that we love to read about.
This week Renee is releasing the feeling that people don't like her, Louise is releasing the need to always say yes and Rebecca is allowing herself to rest. We're feeling awesome about Renee's Moon Magic Mastermind starting soon, Louise's passion for her job and most of all - Christmas!
Links from Witches in Literature
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Bartok the Magnificent
- The Weatherhouse by Nan Shepherd
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Waking the Witch by Pam Grossman
- The Craft
- Teen Witch
- The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
- Dune Series by Frank Herbert
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
- Discworld by Terry Pratchett
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- Mordew by Alex Pheby
- The Magician's Guild by Trudi Canavan
- Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkein
- The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkein
- A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan
- Moon Magic Mastermind
keep the conversation going
If you want to share your thoughts or feedback on this episode, feel free to leave a comment here, or get in touch at [email protected] You can follow Renee and Louise on Instagram for more fun times. And don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts.
become a patron
If you love the free recipes and ideas you get from Awesome on 20, join our International Coven of Awesomeness over on Patreon. You’ll have access to exclusive content, including ad-free recipes, extended cuts of the podcast, journal prompts, spells, and more.