Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is a delicious and nostalgic recipe for an easy dinner. Topped with plenty of cheese and crispy bacon, you'll want to go back for more.
One could argue that burgers are summer food. They taste best hot off the grill, eaten outdoors, preferably next to the Pacific Ocean as the sun goes down with a cold cider in your hand. Where I come from that can happen pretty much any day of the year, but in real life, grilling an awesome burger is a summer experience.
Meatloaf, on the other hand, is decidedly a winter food. It's hearty and savoury and comforting. Served up next to a pile of creamy mashed potatoes, it's about as perfect as dinner can get on a chilly winter night. Even though for me, chilly winter night means it's about 68 degrees, I'm still ready for meatloaf. And if we can make our meatloaf taste more like a bacon cheeseburger, then we have the best of all possible worlds.
This meatloaf has crispy bacon and sharp cheddar throughout and a tangy topping of ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce because cheeseburger. This ain't your grandma's dried out meatloaf. This is moist, deep in flavor, and trashy as it comes. Put bacon and cheese in everything. Why not?
Let's make bacon cheeseburger meatloaf and keep cozy while we enjoy some summer flavors. We can imagine we're at the beach without actually having to put on a swimsuit. Sounds perfect to me.Print
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is filled with crispy bacon and cheese and topped with a tangy sauce for a winter version of your favorite burger.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Use scissors to cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon pieces to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Set aside a handful of bacon for the top of your meatloaf, then mix the rest of your bacon with the ground beef, cheddar cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Just use your hands to get everything nicely combined. This is a very wet mixture.
- You can transfer this mixture to a loaf pan, but I prefer a free-form meatloaf on a foil-lined baking sheet. There's more crispy edges this way. Just press everything together into a loaf shape.
- Mix ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce together in a dish. Pour this mixture over the top of your meatloaf and sprinkle on your reserved bacon.
- Cook your meatloaf in the oven for 50 minutes. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: Meatloaf, Beef, Bacon
Be sure to share your photos and tag me on Instagram so I can see what you've created.