Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
Breakfast Pizza has all the good stuff. Sausage, hash browns, cheese, and eggs all piled high on top of a buttery pastry crust. It's going to be a very good morning.
Right, we'll talk about breakfast pizza in a minute. First, can we chat about working out? You know I hate it intensely. I've managed to make it to week 5 of a couch to 5K app without dying, but I'm on the verge of quitting again. I have to run 20 minutes straight, and if I don't die of a heart attack, I'll surely die of boredom. I can't think of anything more dull than running for 20 minutes straight. Running is the actual worst.
We watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the first time the other night, and I think I may have found my dream workout class. Not that it exists. If someone ran a sexy super spy fight choreography fitness class, I'd sign up for sure. I always hear women talking about going to pole dancing classes rambling on about how empowering it is. I'm giving a hard eye roll to that. Teach me to kick ass like the Black Widow. That's gotta be some real empowerment.
I don't want to actually hurt anyone. I just want to learn movie fighting. It's so beautiful somehow. Does anyone else want to sign up for this imaginary class with me?
What makes Breakfast Pizza so awesome?
I doubt Scarlett Johansson gets to eat Breakfast Pizza before getting geared up in her leather suit with her choke wire. She probably has to be carb-free for a month and go on a juice cleanse to fit into all of that. But we're not action movie stars, so we can eat as much breakfast pizza as we want. Lucky us because it's pretty hard to stop eating this.
To make this recipe in the UK requires a few adjustments because of the different ingredients that are available. I used puff pastry for the crust because they didn't have any croissant dough available. I used this triangular frozen hash browns but smashed them up in the pan as they were cooking. I also used my old standby of Cumberland sausage jazzed up with cumin and crushed red chilli flakes. Cheddar cheese and eggs are still cheddar cheese and eggs.
Maybe if we go to super spy class, we can eat Breakfast Pizza without feeling guilty. Or we could just skip the guilt, and eat what makes us happy. It's gonna be awesome.Print
Breakfast Pizza has all your morning favorites delivered on a flaky crust.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cans crescent rolls (you may not need them all, but buy two just in case) or 1 can croissant dough or 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 pound sausage meat, casing removed
- Frozen hash browns (enough to cover a 10 inch skillet)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Start cooking your sausage in a skillet over medium high heat. Break it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. You can add some extra seasoning if you like.
- In the meantime, spread a layer of crescent rolls over the bottom of a pizza pan or baking sheet. Rectangular breakfast pizza is completely acceptable. Pop this in the oven for five minutes to get a head start on cooking. This will prevent soggy crust.
- When the sausage is cooked through, carefully remove it from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan with the fat from the sausage, brown your hash browns. You may even need to add a bit more oil to prevent sticking. Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Toss the potatoes from time to time to brown them on all sides. This should take five to ten minutes depending on how brown you like them.
- Assemble your pizza by spreading the sausage around your parcooked crust. Next pile on the hash browns. Scatter the whole thing with cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat four eggs. Ever so carefully, pour the eggs over your pizza, allowing it to seep through all the crevices.
- Bake your pizza in the oven for 20 minutes until golden. It will smell like sausage heaven when it's ready.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. I like mine dotted with hot sauce.
Keywords: Sausage, Egg, Cheese, Pastry
Looking for more awesome breakfast recipes? Try this Black Pudding Hash.
Leave a Reply