Cookies & Cream Fridge Cake is the ultimate indulgent hot weather dessert. Crunchy cookies and fresh whipped cream are layered in this no-bake dessert that requires no heat to make.
Most of the desserts I make end up at my office. We can’t possibly, or at least shouldn’t, eat everything ourselves. My husband won’t take stuff to work because he says no one will eat it. So it all goes to my office and usually disappears fairly quickly. Non-profit workers are a bunch of hard core food lovers, let me tell you. Maybe there’s something about working to end hunger that makes people truly appreciate their food.
But if, for some reason, I make something and don’t bring it in, or I happen to not make a dessert on a given week, I get gently harassed. For example, everybody wanted to know why they didn’t get to try those chocolate wafer cookies I made last week. I could have brought them in, and they would have been delightful, but I had a plan for them. These cookies were getting a second act, and the finale is pretty spectacular.
What makes this dish so awesome?
If you layer the cookies with ridiculous amounts of sweetened, fresh whipped cream, and then let the whole thing sit in the fridge overnight to soften up, you get an entirely new dessert that is completely amazing. It’s chocolaty, creamy, light, and sweet. Keep the pieces small to make this dessert last longer. It only gets better the more the cream is allowed to absorb into the cookies. Plus, a few bites is all it takes to get a ton of awesome from this fridge cake.
I’m going to show up with Cookies and Cream Fridge Cake at work today, and suddenly everyone will want to be my best friend again. A happy office makes my life a whole lot easier. Making dessert makes my life a whole lot more awesome!Print
Cookies and Cream Fridge Cake
Chocolate wafer cookies layer with fresh, sweetened whipped cream transforms cookies into a sweet, light, dreamy dessert.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 9-inch round cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 dozen chocolate wafer cookies
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment, beat on high speed. As it starts to thicken, add the sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to beat on high until you’ve formed stiff peaks. This will take about five minutes, but don’t go to far.
- Using a large plate, a springform pan (this is what I used), or a round cake pan, place a layer of cookies in the bottom of your vessel. Add a layer of whipped cream. Spread it evenly and be sure to cover all the cookies. Continue layering cookies and cream until you run out. I was able to do four layers.
- Cover and place the “cake” in the fridge overnight. Slice and serve to your friends or co-workers. They will be outrageously happy.
Keywords: Chocolate, Whipped Cream
Check us out on the Do Tell Tuesday Link Party!