I know I’m always telling you to be patient. Save your money. Keep working hard and visualize a brighter future. Wait and good things will come. Blah blah blah.
Today is all about instant gratification. You don’t have to wait. You can have exactly what you want in mere minutes. That is if what you want is a tangy, creamy sweet little dessert. I can’t for the life of me think of a single reason why you wouldn’t want that.
This Lemon Meringue Fool has four ingredients and takes about five minutes to make if you have an electric mixer. All you have to do is thin out some lemon curd with some lemon juice. If you happen to possess a bottle of limoncello, that would be even better. Next whip up some cream until it’s nice and thick. Fold in the lemon curd. No need to be perfect. Finally, crush up a store-bought meringue nest over the whole thing, fold it in, and spoon your mixture into some pretty glasses.
You can let this hang out in the fridge for a bit or eat it right away. See? Instant gratification.
Sometimes you can have exactly what you want exactly when you want it. It’s life awesome?
- 150 grams lemon curd
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 250 ml double cream or heavy cream
- 1 meringue nest
- Put the lemon juice into a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice to thin it out a bit.
- Whisk the cream in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Fold in the lemon curd mixture.
- Crumble the meringue nest into the mixture and fold in the crumbs.
- Divide the mixture into two glasses or dessert bowls. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap to eat later.
- I wouldn't go to too much effort with exact measurements for this recipe. It'll be fine.