Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
Passion Fruit Green Tea is my take on my favorite Taiwanese iced tea. Homemade passion fruit syrup is mixed with iced green tea for a super refreshing summer tea.
From the inside, my life is super boring. It sounds much cooler than it really is. When I tell people all the places I've lived, they're often amazed. Nashville, Taiwan, Honolulu, and Glasgow sound pretty sexy to people who don't actually live in any of those places, but the truth is, I do pretty much the same thing in all of those cities.
Basically my life revolves around reading books, watching movies and tv, and searching for great food. When I find something I love in one place, I want to take it with me everywhere I go from then on. Even though I've left the tropics, I'm not willing to let go of my favorite tropical flavors.
Passion Fruit Green Tea was our favorite in Taiwan, and we practically had passion fruit falling on our heads in Hawaii. Luckily, it's pretty easy, though not exactly dirt cheap, to get passion fruit at the grocery store here in Scotland. So my favorite drink is back with a vengeance for those rare Scottish sunny days.
Make yourself up some passion fruit syrup, and you can add it to even more than a glass of iced green tea whenever you like. Store it in a very clean jar in the fridge and add it to your glass until it's exactly as sweet as you like. It would also be awesome on pancakes and waffles for a little tropical flare.
Take yourself to the tropics with Passion Fruit Green Tea this summer. All the cool kids are doing it.Print
Passion Fruit Green Tea
Passion Fruit Green Tea takes you to the tropics no matter where you live.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Diet: Vegan
For the syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Pulp of 3 passion fruits
For the tea
- 1 green tea bag per cup of water
For the syrup
- Put sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and lower heat. Simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved. This should only take a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add passion fruit pulp to simple syrup. Put a lid on the pot and leave it to steep for two hours.
- Strain out pulp and store in an air tight container or mix directly with tea.
For the tea
- Boil some water and soak tea bags to desired strength. It's making tea, not rocket science.
- You can store the syrup in a separate container or combine it in a pitcher directly with the green tea. Fill up your desired container (short glass, tall glass, pitcher, bucket) with ¾ green tea and ¼ passion fruit syrup.
- Serve over ice.
Keywords: Passion Fruit, Tea
Looking for another awesome summer drink? Try this Mint Limeade.
Leave a Reply