For these Breakfast Nachos, thinsliced potatoes are baked until golden grown then topped with breakfast sausage, spicy cheese sauce, and a fried egg. It's a feast for sure. This recipe uses fresh ingredients and can be easily customised to suit everyone's taste by adding toppings to your heart's content.
Good morning, sunshine! I love you dearly. Let's eat breakfast.
Breakfast nachos are the perfect platform for some Sunday brunch realness. Mix up a pitcher of outrageously spicy Bloody Marys. Have it all.
We're gonna thinly slice some potatoes, season the, and roast them in a hot oven. We're going to top it with tasty sausage, and some smooth and spicy cheese sauce. From there, you can throw on all your favorite nacho toppings. I like to keep it simple with sour cream and some chopped green onions. But I know and you know that we're really just here for that runny egg. Make one for each person who's getting in on this action.
Breakfast is life. Make it nacho!Print
Layers of roasted potatoes, cheese, sausage, and fried egg make for a super awesome breakfast.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Approximately 1 pound russet potatoes, thinly sliced (enough to cover a baking sheet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces of your favorite sausage, casings removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 2 eggs
- Toppings such as sour cream, salsa, chopped green onions
- Preheat your oven to 425 and line a baking sheet foil.
- In a small dish, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange your potato slices in a single layer on your baking sheet. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle about half of your seasoning mix evenly over the potatoes. Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes until soft and slightly crispy around the edges.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium heat, and cook the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go. Once your sausage is cooked through. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for another two minutes or so, then remove the sausage to a paper towel lined plate.
- Put the pan back on the stove and turn the heat down to medium low. Melt the butter, then sprinkle in the flour and whisk to form a paste. If your sausage gave off a lot of fat, you may need to add a bit more flour until all the fat is absorbed. Keep whisking while adding in the milk a little bit at a time to make sure you don't get any lumps. Add the remaining seasoning mix and keep whisking until the sauce starts to bubble and becomes thick. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cheese until smooth.
- Once all the elements are ready, grab a clean skillet and fry up your eggs just the way you like them.
- Arrange your potatoes on a plate or platter, scatter the sausage, then spoon the cheese sauce over your potatoes. Add whatever toppings you like, plus an egg for each person.
Keywords: Potatoes, Cheese, Sausage, Nachos
Looking for more awesome breakfast recipes? Try the best bacon egg & cheese sandwich. You'll never want to eat anything else.