Homemade Spice Crackers bake up thin and crispy. With a mix of spices baked right in, they're great on their own or dipped into mango chutney or other dips.
Okay, I'm gonna be quick because I know we're all really busy spending quality time with our families over the holiday break. We've been pretty busy, too. Can I just say, Scotland is a total babe, and I'm having a great time showing her off to Emily, even if the weather has been largely uncooperative.
Hopefully you're allowing yourself one last blow out on New Year's Eve before giving over to those 2016 austerity measures we all try to put in place. Let's just hope we don't get so carried with resolutions that we forget to have fun.
If you're having friends over for drinks and a little midnight kissing this year, you should consider including these Homemade Spice Crackers in your spread. Serve them with cream cheese topped with your favorite hot and spicy mango chutney. Your friends will be so impressed.
They're easy to make and packed with flavor. There's a hint of heat from cayenne pepper and earthy warmth from plenty of cumin. You'll want to roll out the dough as thinly as you can for added crispness.
I hope your New Year's Eve celebrations are hot and spicy and too awesome for words.Print
Homemade Spice Crackers
Homemade Spice Crackers and spicy and exotic, perfect for dipping.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 50 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1-⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup warm milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine flour and all seasonings and spices. Use your hands to squish in the butter just like you would when making biscuits. Rub it int the flour mixture until you have a loose sand consistency.
- Zest your lime over this mixture and give it a quick toss. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the warm milk until a dough forms. The mixture will be very dry. You may need another small splash or two of milk.
- Turn out half your dough onto a floured surface and roll it out until it's as thin as possible. Your goal is to get it paper thin if you're brave enough. I wasn't. The thinner you roll, the crisper your crackers will be.
- Use a 2-½ inch cutter to cut out as many rounds as you can manage, and place them on your baking sheet. You'll probably have to work in batches.
- Bake your crackers for 3-5 minutes or until puffy and golden. Allow them to cool on a wire rack while you continue to roll out your dough and bake away.
- Serve with cream cheese and hot mango chutney or another favorite dip.
Keywords: Crackers, Spice
Looking for more awesome snack options? Try these Wheaten Biscuits with your favorite cheese.