Spanish Chicken and Chorizo Bake has everything all on one baking tray. Juicy chicken, spicy chorizo, potatoes and onions all cook together in the oven for an easy, delicious dinner.
So, I may have had a teeny tiny obnoxious break down last week where I decided everything was stupid, and I didn't want to do anything ever again. Then I got some bad news that tried to disguise itself as good news, so now I'm pretending like everything is fine and acting like a grown up and getting on with life. Sort of.
A little denial goes a long way sometimes, and often the only way to get through a spell of depression is to just keep doing what you would normally do until you start to feel like a human again. It's much better than calling in sick to work and crying in your closet.
One of the normal things I do is make dinner, and this time I slapped a bunch of delicious ingredients onto a backing sheet, put it all in the oven, and served it with a smile. Chicken, chorizo sausage, potatoes, red onions, some seasoning and the surprising brightness of orange zest make this dinner as tasty as it is simple to make.
Quick tip, cut your potatoes into small pieces to make sure everything cooks in the same amount of time.
Life is hard. Dinner is easy. Just keep swimming.Print
Spanish Chicken and Chorizo Bake
Spanish Chicken and Chorizo Bake is as simple as it is delicious.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into three chunks each
- 6 small chorizo sausages, halved
- 8 ounces baby potatoes, chopped small
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of half an orange
- Preheat your oven to 425 F (220 C) and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread all of your chopped chicken, chorizo, potatoes, and onion evenly onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over everything and sprinkle on your seasonings. Give it all a quick toss with your hands to make sure everything is well coated. Zest your orange over the top of the tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken juices run clear. Serve hot.
Keywords: Chicken, Chorizo, Potatoes
Ready for another one-pan oven-baked chicken recipe? Try this five-ingredient Chicken & Potato Bake.